As your elected Member of Parliament I will work to restore fairness, order, and compassion to the immigration system.
Canada is the greatest country on earth. It is built on a rock-solid foundation of enduring values, democratic institutions, the rule of law, and fundamental and universal human rights. We absolutely must protect these values — because they are what set us apart.
They allow Canada to offer what so many other countries simply cannot: the freedom to preserve and pass on their cultural traditions; and the opportunity to live in peace with those around them; and the economic freedom that so many governments around the world deny their people.
But with each passing day, Justin Trudeau and the Liberals undermine this proud legacy.
In four years, they have not only undone the progress the previous Conservative government made to strengthen our immigration system — they have managed to undermine the long-standing consensus that immigration is indeed a positive thing for this country.
Sadly, under Justin Trudeau, a record-high number of Canadians believe that immigration should be reduced.
Like you, Conservatives have questioned the current government’s ability to preserve the integrity of our immigration system.
Justin Trudeau and his ministers responded how they always do when confronted with criticism: with more rhetoric and personal attacks.
Conservatives will restore fairness, order, and compassion to the immigration system.
As your elected Member of Parliament I will work with Prime Minister, Andrew Scheer to:
- Immediately restore fairness, order, and compassion in our immigration system
- Put an end to illegal border crossings at unofficial points of entry like Roxham Road
- Close the loophole in the Safe-Third Country Agreement that allows some people to skip the line and avoid the queue
- Safeguard and emphasize economic immigration
- Set immigration levels consistent with what is in Canada’s best interests
- Stand up for families and ensure that spouses and children can be reunited
- Improve language training
- Ensure that our system prioritizes people facing true persecution
- Improve credential recognition and make it easier for new Canadians who have existing skills that meet our standards to ply their trades here
- Work to reunite survivors of genocide, who have already resettled in Canada, more expeditiously
- Bring back the Office of Religious Freedom so that we can protect our shared humanity and promote interest in the dignity of all people
- Promote the private sponsorships of refugees
Conservatives have cleaned up Liberal messes in immigration before and we are prepared to do it again… with fairness, order, and compassion as the pillars of our efforts.